Article ID: 1554797407 - Report Article
Student Name / Class:
Mariam Ibrahim / JSS1A
Ibn al-Jawzi, may Allaah have mercy upon him, said in his book: Akhbaar Al-Hamqaa wal-Mughaffileen (Narrations Regarding the Foolish and Heedless):
“The idiot is known by six characteristics:
1. Becoming angry over nothing.
2. Giving to one who should not be given to.
3. Speaking regarding that which is of no benefit.
4. Trusting everyone.
5. Spreading secrets and not differentiating (in that) between his friend and his enemy.
6. Speaking about whatever comes to his heart whilst believing that he is the most intelligent of the people.”
Ibn al-Jawzi said: From the characteristics of the idiot is to be pleased with a lie if it is in praise of him and loving to be honored even if he does not deserve that.
Ibn Abu Zayd said: “My father said to me: ‘My son, cling to the intelligent people and sit with them; and avoid the foolish people. For I have never sat with a fool and then departed except that I found deficiency in my intellect afterwards.’”
Al-Ahnaf ibn Qays said: Khaleel ibn Ahmad said: “The people are of four types:
1. A man who knows, and knows that he knows. This is the scholar, so take from him.
2. A man who knows, but does not know that he knows. This one has forgotten, so remind him.
3. A man who does not know, and knows that he does not know. This one is a student, so teach him.
4. A man who does not know, and does not know that he does not know. This one is an idiot, so reject him.”
0.0 based on 0 rating(s)
© 2022 Educliq - All rights reserved.